Re: NM insists on connecting to a non-existent wired connection.

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 22:42 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Rogue wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am seeing a very strange behavior on my Dell D810 laptop. Everytime I
> > start up the system, NM chooses to connect to a non-existent wired
> > network. I see the following in the log files:
> >

> FWIW I experience the same bug.
> I have my ethernet nic on eth0 (8139cp) and the wireless nic on wlan0
> (ipw2100).
> On startup NM always tries to establish a connection via eth0 although
> no cable is plugged in (and it receives a LL IP address via
> avahi-autoipd, so the actual connection via wlan0 is not established
> because NM thinks it has a connection).
>
> The problem seems to be, that NM does not correctly init the eth0 device
> and so mistakenly thinks it has a link.
>
> cat /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:02:01.0/net/eth0/carrier
> yields: Invalid argument directly after loading the module.

Hmm, are you using 0.6.4?  0.6.5 relies on netlink exclusively for
asynchronous carrier detection and only
checks /sys/class/net/ethX/carrier after a successful activation.  Do
you have a /sys/class/net/eth0/carrier?

Does what's in SVN head for NETWORKMANAGER_0_6_0_RELEASE work for you?

Dan