Re: NM 0.6.5 unable to reconnect to WPA2 network (first connection fine) - take 2

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:08:41 +0200, Jon Escombe <lists dresco co uk> wrote:

----- "Dan Williams" <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

> Attaching a new version of my patch, this checks whether a private
key file is configured for the connection before attempting to read a
password from the keyring. I believe this should suit both of the
above 802.1X configuration types..

Wouldn't this not change the behavior for Tomas?  Since his config
doesn't show a private key file, it seems like your patch won't change
behvior for him.

I guess we should get him to test the patch first and see :)

In any case, I've committed your fix since it's obviously correct.  I
added a bit to make sure we free the private_key_file variable since
that's actually allocated memory.

Dan

Thanks,

I believe Tomas is using 6.4, which doesn't work (for him) because it always tries to get a password from the keyring. 6.5 includes a patch to never get a password from the keyring (which I'm assuming would work for Tomas - but breaks the private key password scenario). This *should* now be the best of both worlds ;)

Regards,
Jon.
I think you are right, I was about to test the former patch (the one that you linked to) but I screwed something up and now netwrok manager wont come up at all. As soon as I somehow fix this I will try your latest patch.
Tomas