Re: NM insists on connecting to a non-existent wired connection.

Rogue wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am seeing a very strange behavior on my Dell D810 laptop. Everytime I
> start up the system, NM chooses to connect to a non-existent wired
> network. I see the following in the log files:

FWIW I experience the same bug.
I have my ethernet nic on eth0 (8139cp) and the wireless nic on wlan0
(ipw2100).
On startup NM always tries to establish a connection via eth0 although
no cable is plugged in (and it receives a LL IP address via
avahi-autoipd, so the actual connection via wlan0 is not established
because NM thinks it has a connection).

The problem seems to be, that NM does not correctly init the eth0 device
and so mistakenly thinks it has a link.

cat /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:02:01.0/net/eth0/carrier
yields: Invalid argument directly after loading the module.

If I run "ip link set eth0 up" the above correctly returns 0 for carrier.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?