Re: Fedora 7 - WPA2 - wpa_supplicant segfault

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 17:15 +0000, Volker Braun wrote:
> The original wpa_supplicant-0.5.7-use-syslog.patch is horrible, that is a
> wifi-remote exploit waiting to happen. Great that you caught that!
> Somebody needs to rewrite this atrocity without sprinkling sprintf
> around... I think you should file an urgent RH bugzilla asap.

That said; if anyone wants to take a shot at adding real syslog support
upstream, that would rock.  The problem is that we don't want NM to
capture the wpa_supplicant output like it used to, because that's icky.
Since wpa_supplicant is a daemon, it should be writing to syslog and
have configurable debug levels (as should NetworkManager).  Upstream
doesn't seem to have a lot of willpower to do this, but it greatly helps
debugging problems with NetworkManager.

Dan