Re: Networkmanager not connecting to known network

Darren Albers said the following on 07/29/2007 03:26 PM:
The mac address is always sent as part of the frame.  This is how each
station knows how to reach each other since the MAC Address is the
only addressing known at layer two.  Since all hosts on the network
have to know each others MAC it cannot be encrypted.  So all someone
has to do is fire up their favorite wireless discovery program to see
which MAC Addresses have an association and steal it.
I did not know the MAC address was sent with each packet. Guess I should study up on my TCP/IP. WEP or WPA for me from now on.

--
Ourwoods.org
If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages? -George Carlin (116)