Re: Networkmanager not connecting to known network

On 7/28/07, Alex Janssen <alex ourwoods org> wrote:
> Aaron Konstam said the following on 07/09/2007 04:02 PM:

> >> My apologies if I've posted this question twice.  I could not find it in
> >> my email an thought it have vaporized somehow.
> >>
> >> It is wireless.  I have MAC filters setup for secrity.  Could that be a
> >> problem?  I can force a connect by creating a new network then selecting
> >> my network from the list.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Alex
> >>

> > I am sure. It will be interesting if there is a response form the
> > networkmanager-list.
> >
> > You could always remove the MAC filters and see if that makes a
> > difference.
> > --
> > Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any
> > Indian. -- Robert Orben Immigration is the sincerest form of flattery.
> > -- Jack Paar
> > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam sbcglobal net
> >
> Turning off MAC filters and setting up WEP seems to have fixed the
> auto-logon problem.  Shouldn't nm work with MAC filters and no WEP?  I
> thought that would be pretty simple security.
>
> Alex

MAC Filters are no security at all and shouldn't be relied on for
anything.   Regardless of this though it /should/ work with
NetworkManager but I have seen reports of people with issues like what
you described.    What type of wireless card is this?