Re: Networkmanager not connecting to known network

Darren Albers said the following on 07/28/2007 08:07 PM:
On 7/28/07, Alex Janssen <alex ourwoods org> wrote:
Aaron Konstam said the following on 07/09/2007 04:02 PM:
On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 10:36 -0400, Alex Janssen wrote:

Aaron Konstam said the following on 07/09/2007 10:28 AM:

Is it a wired or wireless network it is timing out on?
--

My apologies if I've posted this question twice.  I could not find it in
my email an thought it have vaporized somehow.

It is wireless.  I have MAC filters setup for secrity.  Could that be a
problem?  I can force a connect by creating a new network then selecting
my network from the list.

Thanks,
Alex

I am sure. It will be interesting if there is a response form the
networkmanager-list.

You could always remove the MAC filters and see if that makes a
difference.
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any
Indian. -- Robert Orben Immigration is the sincerest form of flattery.
-- Jack Paar

Turning off MAC filters and setting up WEP seems to have fixed the
auto-logon problem.  Shouldn't nm work with MAC filters and no WEP?  I
thought that would be pretty simple security.

Alex

MAC Filters are no security at all and shouldn't be relied on for
anything.   Regardless of this though it /should/ work with
NetworkManager but I have seen reports of people with issues like what
you described.    What type of wireless card is this?
Broadcom Dell wireless 1390. I'm using ndiswrapper with the Dell supplied driver. How could someone guess a MAC address? How would they get around it?

--
Ourwoods.org
Anyone can win, unless there happens to be a second entry. (36)