Re: Cisco MPI 350 wireless Apadter

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 11:27 +0530, Sripathy K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed FC6 on my T42. The wireless connection doesnot
> work. The airo driver seems to be present but the NetworkManager fails
> to configure this adapter.
>
> I have done a bit of googling and found a few old threads which
> recomend downgrading the wireless adapters firmware. Is this a
> necessity even now?
>
> I did download from cisco website the linux-acu-driver-v21.tar.gz
> driver, but it fails to compile on this machine.

FC6 is known to work with airo cards, at least with firmware from
5.00.02 to 5.60.08 inclusive.  It may work with later firmware versions.
What firmware version does your card have?  If you have _anything_ less
than 5.30.17, I would definitely recommend updating your firmware.

cat /proc/driver/aironet/eth0/Status

firmware version is in the output of that command, in the "Firmware
Version" field.

Dan