Re: Errors running current SVN code

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 14:37 +0000, Volker Braun wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:14:29 +1300, delgarde wrote:
> > +        if (entry.bytearray_value[0] == 0 && ssid_len>0) {
> > +          nm_warning("Error: got an access point with an invalid SSID");
>
> The ssid is not a string but a char[ssid_len]. Control characters and \0
> are allowed (although many programs impose artificial restrictions, good
> luck passing a \0 through your home router's web interface). You shouldn't
> ignore the ssid only because it starts with 0.

Yeah; there are bits of NM that assume a string SSID, and those are
going to get removed with 0.7 and the SSID will be a plain byte array.
A blank SSID of all 0s is perfectly legal; we do need to figure out how
to deal with this in UI.  It's kind of an evil way of disguising your AP
as a lot of user tools won't work with it.  What does Windows and Mac OS
X do here in their GUI bits?  I don't mean the Linksys or DLink tools
that you can install 3rd party, but what does the Airport menu show for
this AP?  If it doesn't show it, how do you connect to it on OS X?