Re: Feature Request

Well that's good news, as I have been trying to get LEAP to work at school for months. I don't know if it is my hardware or if I am just stupid. I have tried using a Cisco Aironet 352 PCMCIA card with the Cisco ACU program, but since it was written for kernel 2.2.x, it just isn't going to work with 2.6 without being rewritten. I have had more luck with my Proxim Orinoco Gold a/b/g combo card but even then all I got was momentary association. It would associate long enough that if I ran iwconfig back to back, it would be associated for one out of 4 tries. Not long enough to run wpa_supplicant.

How do I get the development stable version? What dependencies and versions of said dependencies do I need? I think part of my problem could be that most of the documentation I have found on the various config files seem to need me to know a LOT about wireless technologies in order to set them up. Not to say that it needs to be dumbed down or anything, I just don't have the time to learn the ins and outs of the technology right now.

Oh, and you said you need to spin a release of 0.6.5, do you know when that will be?