Roadmap question

I've searched the archives and not seen the topic I am curious about, so here goes...

Does NM have plans (near or far) to also manage connections to WiMax/WMAN (802.16) networks and/or Digital Cellular (aka WWAN) networks?

I've seen recent announcements of WiMax deployments in the Portland, OR area and other places around the world, and was curious if these wireless networks (in the functional sense of the word) were considered in scope for what NM is designed for, or is this lower level than NM ( i.e. does it need to be implimented in wireless tools or dscape or ???)?

If not NM, is anyone aware of other projects or companies working on WiMax and WWAN connection manager/configuration tools similar to what NM is doing for WLAN?

Thanks,

Shane...