NetworkManager doesn't show all APs

I don't know if this is a "feature" or not but NetworkManager never shows multiple APs of the same name for me. There should be 3 in range where I am but it only shows one. I often have problems connecting to this network under linux probably because it is trying to associate to one of the ones barely in range. I also posted about it not showing multiple linksys networks a while back but didn't get much response about it. Is this planned to be fixed or is it how it is going to stay?