Re: NM /etc/resolv.conf search

On Monday 15 January 2007 06:15, Grant Williamson wrote:
> Hi,
> whats the way to customize the "search" list for host-name lookup in
> /etc/resolv.conf when using Networkmanager.
> i.e. if a dhcp server does not provide this information how I can
> customize so everytime I bring up a device it will be present.

derek othello:~$ grep append /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
append domain-name " acad.athabascau.ca mathstat.dal.ca bio.dfo.ca";

This ensures I get the domain returned by my local network (either at work or
home - returned by DHCP), the domains for the two universities I work with,
and the secondary domain at work that really should be returned  by DHCP.

Or you can use "prepend" if you prefer the static domains to be before the
DHCP returned one.
--
derek