Re: NM /etc/resolv.conf search

Matthew,
thanks for the reply, however is just an example, its not actually for my home network.

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Grant Williamson wrote:

Hi,
whats the way to customize the "search" list for host-name lookup in /etc/resolv.conf when using Networkmanager. i.e. if a dhcp server does not provide this information how I can customize so everytime I bring up a device it will be present.

I used to use something like ...
cat /etc/sysconfig/network
new_domain_name="${new_domain_name} home.com"

Just an aside: Are you using "home.com" for your home network? If so, you might want to use something else. home.com is a real domain.

I just use localdomain for my home LAN domain, as it is never a registered domain name and requests for it should never be routed to the Internet anyway.

dhclient-script would then prepend this, how should this be done(system wide) using RHEL5 beta2 and NetworkManager?