Re: NM /etc/resolv.conf search

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Grant Williamson wrote:

whats the way to customize the "search" list for host-name lookup in /etc/resolv.conf when using Networkmanager. i.e. if a dhcp server does not provide this information how I can customize so everytime I bring up a device it will be present.

I used to use something like ...
cat /etc/sysconfig/network

Just an aside: Are you using "" for your home network? If so, you might want to use something else. is a real domain.

I just use localdomain for my home LAN domain, as it is never a registered domain name and requests for it should never be routed to the Internet anyway.

dhclient-script would then prepend this, how should this be done(system wide) using RHEL5 beta2 and NetworkManager?

		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu