Re: NM /etc/resolv.conf search
- From: Matthew Saltzman <mjs ces clemson edu>
- To: Grant Williamson <traxtopel gmail com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: NM /etc/resolv.conf search
- Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:21:42 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Grant Williamson wrote:
whats the way to customize the "search" list for host-name lookup in
/etc/resolv.conf when using Networkmanager.
i.e. if a dhcp server does not provide this information how I can customize
so everytime I bring up a device it will be present.
I used to use something like ...
Just an aside: Are you using "home.com" for your home network? If so, you
might want to use something else. home.com is a real domain.
I just use localdomain for my home LAN domain, as it is never a registered
domain name and requests for it should never be routed to the Internet
dhclient-script would then prepend this, how should this be done(system wide)
using RHEL5 beta2 and NetworkManager?
Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
] [Thread Prev