Experiences from a user

Good morning,

I've been using Network Manager for a whole of 2 days ;). It's been
great to manage wifi connections but I hit 3 issues for my usage:

1) I tried to connect to a wifi network that I couldn't (basically I
chose the wrong network from the list). Now, every time I'm in the range
of that network it tries to connect to it, disconnecting me from the
internet (which is usually going through a umts/gprs card). Is there a
way to forget a network?

2) One of the networks I usually connect to uses nocat (it redirects all
web requests to a form where you need to authenticate). Is there a way
to setup a plugin for a specific network/access point? I'd like to have
network manager connect me automatically to that network.

3) I use a umts/gprs card. It's not easy to detect (it's a pcmcia card
that appears to the operating system as a serial port). What I'd like is
to pass on a command to setup the card and have network manager use it
as a last resource (aka "if no network connection is configured, try
this"). Is this possible and I missed it?

1) affects functionality and 2) and 3) would help with automation. Or am
I manipulating the design goals too far to suit me?

Thanks in advance,
						João Miguel Neves