Re: Feature question

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

What additional work are you trying to get into NM that doesn't
already exist in the network configuration tool?

The current dialup/isdn support just calls out to ifup/ifdown.  We need
to actually manage the _entire_ connection process in NM to be able to
make things work in a non-error-prone way.  The current stuff is largely
a hack, and won't work for things like bluetooth DUN and PPtP VPNs.

Huh!   It seems to work fine for me with bluetooth DUN..  Although
it is certainly more stable with usb..  And yeah, it's a bit ore error
prone abd doesn't always notice when the PPP link is up.  *shrugs*

Better integration is always better, I suppose :)

Dan

-derek

      warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available