Re: Feature question

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

> On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 10:19 +0100, HG van Schelve wrote:
>> Hello list members.
>>
>> Are there any plans to implement ISDN and PPP support in NetworkManager?
>>
>> We are planning to change from our custom network initscript to the
>> Network Manager. But it is not possible at the moment because of
>> missing ISDN and GPRS / UMTS / HSDPA Support.
>
> Yes, there are plans for PPP-type connections, which would encompass
> GSM/CDMA connections and their derivatives, dialup PPP, PPtP VPNs, etc.
> PPP is #4 on the hit-list, with item #1 already completed.

I've got 0.6.x to work with my PPP connections just fine on FC5.
I just configured my PPP through the Network Configuration and
NM picks it up and uses it just fine!

What additional work are you trying to get into NM that doesn't
already exist in the network configuration tool?

> Dan

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available