Re: OpenVPN with DHCP

Christoph Brill wrote:
Was the question to complicated? Is noone interested in OpenVPN? Or is
everyone on holidays?

Am Donnerstag, den 27.12.2007, 11:52 +0100 schrieb Christoph Brill:
Hi list,

I'm trying to connect to a openvpn server. This server is set up to use
the companies DHCP server (dnsmasq) to provide IPs to the VPN clients.
>From what I understand (reading the error message of nm-applet)
NetworkManager currently relies on using OpenVPNs internal "DHCP
server". Is that true?

On holiday seems likely ;)

You are right, the NM code expects an IP address back directly from the openvpn server. I couldn't comment on how difficult it would be to provide an option to use DHCP instead...

I guess it's not an option for you to exclude a pool of addresses from the dnsmasq server and allocate them to openvpn?

Regards,
Jon.