Re: NM & NetScreen VPN

Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 17:23 +0100, Cyril Jaquier wrote:
Hi all,

At work, we have a Juniper firewall (NetScreen). Version 0.4.0 of vpnc
is able to connect to such firewalls and has a specific option for this:

Vendor netscreen

Using vpnc directly works perfectly. I tried with networkmanager-vpnc.
However, it is not possible to select this option in the wizard. So I
set the option with gconf-editor. But then, NM exits with this message:

Aug 26 17:56:26 [NetworkManager] <WARN>
nm_vpn_service_stop_connection(): (VPN Service
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.vpnc): could not stop connection 'XXXX'
because service was 6._
Aug 26 17:56:26 [NetworkManager] file nm-vpn-service.c: line 475
(nm_vpn_service_stage3_connect_cb): assertion failed: (service != NULL)

Any chance to get support for NetScreen firewall? Is it possible to set
vpnc option manually?

Sorry but as I never received any answers to this e-mail, I just try
again ;) I'm probably not the only one how would like to use
network-manager-vpnc with NetScreen/Juniper firewalls. I'm sorry but my
knowledge of C, dbus, gnome and gtk+ programming is really poor :( But I
will probably take a look at the code and try something ;)

Yay!  vpnc now has options for the specific vendor you're trying to talk
to.  That just makes me sad :(  No, NM vpnc plugin doesn't support that
option yet...

The culprit is nm_vpnc_properties_validate() in nm-vpnc-service.c

Dan we should probably remove that check, since it prevents people from adding custom options with gconf-editor. either that or update the list of valid vpnc properties(valid_properties[] array) but that seems like a higher-maintenance option...

-denis