no "Wireless Network Key Required" window with latest Fedora-7 kernel

Hi,

I am trying to get my Broadcom 4306 based wireless card connected to
my WPA2 Personal secured AP on Fedora 7. The AP shows up as expected
in the Wireless Network list of the NetworkManager Applet. When
selecting it, a "Wireless Network Key Required" window pops up
immediately if I have booted into kernel-2.6.22.1-41.fc7 (with the
driver called "bcm43xx_mac80211"). However, when I boot into the
currently latest official kernel for Fedora 7 (2.6.23.8-34.fc7 with
the b43 driver), no such window comes up! There is just a "Waiting for
Network Key for the wireless network 'my_ap'..." tooltip visible when
mousing over the tray icon, waiting forever, since there is no way to
input the password anywhere.

Thanks for looking into this.

best,
rob.