Re: wifi conection

Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> First, let's check if I'm on the right list.
> I have a desktop computer running Fedora 7 connected via a TEW-432BRP
> 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Firewall Router to a SpeedStream 5200 adsl
> modem. This connection works since I am sending this email through it.
> I also have a Toshiba Satellite A-100 -VA7 unit laptop with WIFI
> switch on running Fedora 6.
> I want the laptop to talk to the desktop and share its internet
> connection, printer and upload/download files.
> The laptop doesn't seem to recognise the desktop and vice-versa.
> I must confess that I have no idea of where to go from here. I got the
> address for this mailing list from the fedoraproject wiki on wifi.

First of all, this question has only a little to do with NetworkManager.

You don't really want the F6 laptop to share the F7 Internet connection. To me that implies all
traffic from F6 going through F7 and vice versa. What you need to do is establish a wifi connection
from the F6 laptop to the TEW-4328BRP router. Once you have the connection, you share disks with
NFS, etc.

Have you turned 802.11g on in the router and set the ESSID and hopefully the encryption? Is the wifi
driver loaded in F6? Once the answers to these questions is yes, you should see your Access
Point/router in the NM applet and be able to connect.

Larry