wifi conection

First, let's check if I'm on the right list.
I have a desktop computer running Fedora 7 connected via a TEW-432BRP
54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Firewall Router to a SpeedStream 5200 adsl
modem. This connection works since I am sending this email through it.
I also have a Toshiba Satellite A-100 -VA7 unit laptop with WIFI
switch on running Fedora 6.
I want the laptop to talk to the desktop and share its internet
connection, printer and upload/download files.
The laptop doesn't seem to recognise the desktop and vice-versa.
I must confess that I have no idea of where to go from here. I got the
address for this mailing list from the fedoraproject wiki on wifi.

--
Gilles