Re: ppp using NM

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 23:13 +0530, vikram b wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007 12:27 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 18:38 +0000, Jon Escombe wrote:
>         > Tambet Ingo wrote:
>         > > On Dec 4, 2007 4:17 PM, Jon Escombe <lists dresco co uk>
>         wrote:
>         > >
>         > >> Good stuff, got connected first time ;)
>         > >>
>         > >> Only issues were that it didn't set up resolv.conf, and
>         also added three entries to the
> Hi,
>
>       1.    Is there any list of adapters working with current code ?

Sierra Wireless 860, Sierra Wireless 875, and whatever Huwei card Tambet
is using.

>       2.    I am trying to  to do ppp over RS-232 / USB /... (between
> 2 PCs ) using NM. any changes needed in NM for this purpose ?

Yes; there's a generic "serial" device class but that device isn't
activate-able at this time.  Right now all "modem"-tagged devices are
treated as GSM devices because there isn't a way with HAL to
differentiate the different serial devices.

Dan