RE: OpenVPN Client on Ubuntu

The server is on DD-WRT and configured as directed here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN
With the following in my startup commands:

cd /tmp
openvpn --mktun --dev tap0
brctl addif br0 tap0
ifconfig tap0 0.0.0.0 promisc up

echo "
# Tunnel options
mode server       # Set OpenVPN major mode
proto udp         # Setup the protocol (server)
port xxxx         # TCP/UDP port number
dev tap0          # TUN/TAP virtual network device
keepalive 15 60   # Simplify the expression of --ping
daemon            # Become a daemon after all initialization
verb 3            # Set output verbosity to n
comp-lzo          # Use fast LZO compression

# OpenVPN server mode options
client-to-client  # tells OpenVPN to internally route client-to-client
traffic
duplicate-cn      # Allow multiple clients with the same common name

# TLS Mode Options
tls-server        # Enable TLS and assume server role during TLS handshake
ca ca.crt         # Certificate authority (CA) file
dh dh1024.pem     # File containing Diffie Hellman parameters
cert server.crt   # Local peer's signed certificate
key server.key    # Local peer's private key
" > openvpn.conf

echo "
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
RANDOM GARBAGE