Re: Fedora 8 and PEAP

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 20:15 +0000, Rui Tiago Matos wrote:
> On 03/12/2007, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> > Make sure you're using the latest NM that just got pushed out yesterday
> > (?) first.  Second, what's the wpa_supplicant config file that allows
> > you to get connected?  There isn't an option for the peaplabel=
> > parameter yet, because it's unclear how many people need that at the
> > moment.  You may wish to try toggling the peapver= parameter too.
> > Basically, if you can get a working wpa_supplicant config file, then we
> > have a great change of figuring out whether it's an NM isuse (not
> > setting the right config bits in wpa_supplicant), or whether the drivers
> > just suck too much (also a possibility given the immaturity of mac80211
> > if that's what you're using).
>
> Hey, I do also have connection problems with the iwl3945 driver on F8.
> It really seems to be a driver problem connecting to my univ.'s
> network. But it is largely exacerbated by NM.
>
> I can get a more stable connection using wpa_supplicant and dhclient
> directly (and disabling NM) with this config:
>
> network={
>         ssid="eduroam"
>         key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
>         eap=PEAP
>         identity=<my_user_name>
>         phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
> }
>
> but still from time to time the wlan0 interface gets into the NO_CARRIER state.

This means that the driver thinks you're being disconnected.  You might
want to enable wpa_supplicant debugging information by adding "-ddd" to
the Exec= line
in /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/fi.epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant and
then grab the output of /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log to see if the driver
is disconnecting you.

Dan