Re: Fedora 8 and PEAP

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 11:13 -0500, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> Hey List,
>
> Are there any known problems with Network Manager 0.7 and PEAP
> Networks?  I seem to be having trouble connecting to my school's
> network, which has otherwise been rock solid in Fedora 7.  What can I
> do to figure out if it's a bug, and file the appropriate report?

Make sure you're using the latest NM that just got pushed out yesterday
(?) first.  Second, what's the wpa_supplicant config file that allows
you to get connected?  There isn't an option for the peaplabel=
parameter yet, because it's unclear how many people need that at the
moment.  You may wish to try toggling the peapver= parameter too.
Basically, if you can get a working wpa_supplicant config file, then we
have a great change of figuring out whether it's an NM isuse (not
setting the right config bits in wpa_supplicant), or whether the drivers
just suck too much (also a possibility given the immaturity of mac80211
if that's what you're using).