Re: Fedora 8 and PEAP

On 03/12/2007, Yaakov Nemoy <loupgaroublond gmail com> wrote:

> I'm not actually sure where to begin.  I've never had to connect to
> this network with anything but NetworkManager, so I never made a
> wpa_supplicant config.  Does having one force NetworkManager to use
> it?

I don't think so. The wpa_supplicant instance that NM runs gets
configured through D-Bus from the data you feed into nm-applet. When
you run wpa_supplicant on a terminal you specify a config file. For
instance, I use:

$ sudo wpa_supplicant -c$HOME/eduroam.conf -iwlan0 -Dwext -Bw

> UPDATE:  I've noticed the dialog in 0.7 is different than in 0.6.x.
> the old version provides TLS and PEAP as authentication methods, but
> 0.7 only offers TLS.  It also offers leap, but my school's network
> won't accept it.  Where did that option for PEAP go?

You should install the latest version[1] which might already be on the
updates repository.

Rui

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=25584