Re: Disconnections

On 4/23/07, Jay Strauss <me heyjay com> wrote:
> This looks like wpa_supplicant is rekeying the connection periodically
> and isn't disconnecting at all.  Are you sure NM is disconnecting?
> Rekeying every so often is normal in WPA.  Your connection may be a bit
> iffy during the rekey phase because I believe the port is locked during
> the rekeying, which takes at least a few seconds in marginal network
> configurations.  What are the symptoms you're seeing?
>
> 21:04:23 - connection made
> 21:29:36 - rekey
>
> Dan

the symptom is I lose all network connectivity, forever.  not just
during the rekey.  Once the rekey/disconnect occurs, I can't use the
network until I manually go to the network manager icon, and select
the same wireless network I was previously attached to, and then it
reconnects (the icon does the spinning balls)

Jay

Jay,

I wonder if dhclient is releasing your address, to troubleshoot can
you try starting dhclient yourself and see if you get an address?

Thanks,
Darren