Re: automatically connects to non-preferred network

On 4/1/07, Ben W <benwilber gmail com> wrote:

nevermind...I just discovered this thread

open gconf-editor
system > networking > wireless > networks

unset the keys for the networks you don't want to connect to.

Besides that,  what if I want to be able to connect to 2 different
networks in my domicile but want priority for one of them but NM
automatically connects to the other.  Is there a way to change the
preferred order?

Not really, however Network Manager will prefer the last connected
network so if you have two networks in range that you have "profiles"
for it will connect to the one you last connected to.