Re: automatically connects to non-preferred network

Ben W wrote:

I am running Ubuntu Edgy with NetworkManager 0.6.3 on a macbook with an Atheros wireless chipset using ath_pci driver. In my apartment there are many wireless access points. When I first set up my machine I had trouble connecting to my access point with WPA2 encryption so I tried to connect to a network nearby which had no encryption which worked fine. I have since solved the connection problem, however, when I boot my machine NM automatically connects to that non-preferred network. Am I able to remove that as an accepted network? Is there a config file somewhere? I can't seem to find it.

Any help would be great!

Ben

nevermind...I just discovered this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2362308

open gconf-editor
system > networking > wireless > networks

unset the keys for the networks you don't want to connect to.

Besides that, what if I want to be able to connect to 2 different networks in my domicile but want priority for one of them but NM automatically connects to the other. Is there a way to change the preferred order?