Re: Fwd: Problem changing authentication type for wireless connection

On 9/28/06, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

Because those earlier versions weren't using wpa_supplicant, and
therefore couldn't do any sort of WPA at all.  If the scan breaks your
current association, there is something wrong with your wireless driver.
No driver should do that.

I don't think the driver does - because, as I say, it normally scans
and associates without any trouble.  It's wpa_supplicant that seems to
break things.
--
derek