Re: connecting to a WPA secured wireless network often fails and takes a very long time

Darren Albers wrote:
> Mmm  I don't see anyone else complaining about DHCP issues with that
> device.  I see that the device offers you an IP but 33 seconds later
> your box never seems to accept it...   What wireless card is it?

What the log actually shows is that the DHCP server offers the DHCP
Client a lease, and the client sends a DHCPREQUEST, meaning that it
wants the lease.   But the DHCP server never acts on the DHCPREQUEST,
which means either that the client failed to get the DHCPREQUEST to the
server, or that the server is messed up somehow.   This is particularly
weird because the DHCPDISCOVER went through successfully, and that uses
pretty much same code path.

I would be tempted to attribute this to some kind of timing-related
thing, where maybe you're connecting first to one access point, and then
switching to another, in the middle of the DHCP transaction.   Or
there's another device on your network with the same link-layer address
as the network card in your linux machine.