Re: connecting to a WPA secured wireless network often fails and takes a very long time

On 21/09/06, David Abrahams <dave boost-consulting com> wrote:
Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 16:16 +0300, Ertugrul Harman wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I use Ubuntu 6.06 and NM 0.6.2 on my HP Pavilion dx5158ea to connect
>> my WPA secured wireless network.
>>
>> My problem is, each time I try to connect it fails for several times
>> after trying to connect each time for a few minutes. I keep trying to
>> connect again and again (of course it asks me the same WPA key each
>> time) and if I am lucky it can finally connect in the end, but it may
>> cost me 5-10 minutes to get my connection (which has always been
>> there) and all this effort can often be annoying.
>>
>> If I somehow lose my connection -deliberately or not- I experience all
>> the same story from the beginning.
>>
>> I was wondering if this is a known problem and/or do you know a
>> solution for it, please?
>
> Could you grab logs?  They will be in /var/log/messages most likely.
> That would help determine what might be going wrong.

On Ubuntu it's /var/log/syslog.  /var/log/messages doesn't get any NM
messages AFAICT.

This time it failed two times and could connect in the 3rd try (it took 11 min in total). The log is attached. It was in var/log/syslog.