Re: One more clue

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 10:54 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
>> Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

>> > The only thing I can think of to diagnose this issue is to figure out
>> > what NM and wpa_supplicant are doing differently.  And that will require
>> > a small tool that mimics the behavior of NM controlling wpa_supplicant.
>> > So, I need to distill the wpa_supplicant controlling bits of NM into a
>> > small utility into which we can feed network configurations.  If I did
>> > this, would you be willing to test it for me?
>>
>> Of course!
>
> It's checked into NM CVS

Where's that repository?

> on both HEAD and stable branches as test/nm-supplicant-test.c. Build
> NM (or grab it here [1]),

Sorry, Firefox tells me that's a BIN file.  What am I supposed to do
with it?

> construct a wpa_supplicant config file, then run:
>
> sudo test/nm-supplicant-test eth1 /path/to/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> It will use the network config for the first _uncommented_ network.  To
> diagnose the issue, I'll need the output from the supplicant tester (be
> _sure_ to remove any "wep_key0" or "psk" lines) as well as the output
> from a run of NetworkManager itself

What do I do, stop the daemon and run something from the command line,
or are my syslog entries good enough?

> attempting to connect to the same AP with the same config options.

Sorry, I was under the impression that NM doesn't use config options I
set in wpa_supplicant.conf.  It certainly worked (as well as it has)
whether or not I had such a file.  Are there NM config options somewhere?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I think I need you to fill in a
few more details.

Thanks,
--
Dave Abrahams