Re: Is networkmanager to use only with dhcp connections?

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 20:57 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> On 10/27/06, Michelasso <qzerty gmail com> wrote:
> > So what?
> > Am I doing something wrong?
> > Is (k)networkmanager supposed to work only with dhcp?
> > Is this a only kde-related issue and in Gnome everything works?
> >

> At this time Network-Manager does not work with static addresses so
> you need to use DHCP for it to work.  I think Static IP address
> settings are scheduled for .7.

NM _sort_ _of_ supports static IP addresses.  If you set up a static IP
address in your system configuration files (ie, on fedora
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX) NM will honor that static
IP _always_ for that connection.  Of course, that means you can't easily
switch back and forth between static and DHCP on a connection, of
course, but that's life for now.

dan