Re: Restarting connection with dbus

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 19:48 +0200, Christian G�rote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 11:21 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 16:01 +0200, Christian G�rote:
> > > Can you give me some advice on how to use the dbus-send command? I don't
> > > get howto pass the correct device to it...
> >
> > The fourth parameter of the getProperties call on a device is the
> > "active" property.  Use that, the order of parameters in the reply will
> > never change for 0.6.x.
>
> Ok, but how do I change the active device? I don't want to see which
> device is active, the dispatcher will tell me. The only thing I want to
> do is to re-activate the currently active interface.

Once you've found it, use the setActiveDevice method call.  Its
arguments are:

If wired:
1) DBUS_TYPE_OBJECT_PATH: path of device to activate

If wireless:
1) DBUS_TYPE_OBJECT_PATH: path of device to activate
2) DBUS_TYPE_STRING: ssid
3) DBUS_TYPE_BOOLEAN: fallback (don't worry about this one, set it to
FALSE)
4) Security information; but if you've already connected to it
automatically, don't bother to set it.  Just stop at 'fallback' and NM
will use the cached security information from the first connection
attempt.

Dan