Re: Restarting connection with dbus

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 08:09 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> If you want to reset the currently active connection, you'll need to
> query NM to find out what that connection is first.  But first, why?
> What are you trying to do?  If you're trying to work around a problem,
> maybe a few more details could help us fix it in the code.

Our network at school needs 802.11x authentication (as stated in an
earlier post to this list). Now that NM doesn't support 802.11x on wired
networks, I want to work around this:

A dispatcher script looks for a 172.41.xx.xx ip address (which is one of
the not authenticated pool). If it finds that ip, it starts
wpa_supplicant on the wired interface. Now it restarts the connection
via dbus, and I get a 172.40.xx.xx ip (which is authenticated).

I don't think you can fix this in the code so easy...

// Christian