Re: Restarting connection with dbus

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 10:48 +0000, Christian G�rote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I restart the active connection using dbus? I want to trigger a
> reconnect from an external shell script.

Call the org.freedesktop.NetworkManager interface method
setActiveDevice(), on the object /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager.

Wired arguments:
1) device object path (DBUS_TYPE_OBJECT_PATH)

Wireless arguments:
1) device object path (DBUS_TYPE_OBJECT_PATH)
2) ssid (DBUS_TYPE_STRING)
3) fallback (DBUS_TYPE_BOOL)  <-- value probably doesn't matter for you

If you want to reset the currently active connection, you'll need to
query NM to find out what that connection is first.  But first, why?
What are you trying to do?  If you're trying to work around a problem,
maybe a few more details could help us fix it in the code.

Thanks,
Dan