Re: How to configure wired network device

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 14:46 +0100, S. Vater wrote:

> I have written for me a small script, which hopefully does the job.

If the script works fine, please add it to [1].

> Is there any possibility that nm supports setting drivers with ethtool
> in future versions?

Well, I am not sure whether there are plans for that.

For your problem,

(quote from your initial mail)

> Since I do not get full duplex using auto negotiation when I connect
> to the network of my institute, I would like to set this manually.

this sounds more like a bug to me.  If true, this should not be solved
with workarounds either by NM itself or by executing some magic script.
So, if it is a bug elsewhere we will not be willing to cover that by
workarounds in NM.

   Timo

[1] Wiki for NetworkManager Dispatcher Scripts
    http://www.darrenalbers.net/wiki/index.php?title=NetworkManagerScripts