Re: "Autoip" - icon

On 11/14/06, Derek Atkins <warlord mit edu> wrote:
"Derek Broughton" <derek pointerstop ca> writes:

>> > But your fundamental point is spot on: We should somehow show graphical
>> > that a Zeroconf IP is in use.
>
> Nice, but I still would like to be able to shut it off...

Right-click on the nm-applet icon and then select "Networking Off"

Not quite, since I use KDE, but that's not what I mean.  If I ever
start connecting to a zeroconf network, then I might need to work on
my networking scripts to handle this specific case, but for now I want
to be able to prevent zeroconf doing anything at all.  I don't want
all my networking daemons to wake up when they can't reach the
Internet.
--
derek