Re: Connecton on APs with weak signal quality

On 11/6/06, Aloisio <aloisiojr gmail com> wrote:
Oooww

Anybody know answers to some of these questions ??? I use nm is these
conditions in most part of time...

Network Manager attempts to associate and if it fails to do so in the
timeout period it does not try again.  If the signal is so weak that
connecting is tough then it is doubtful that NM could keep the
connection up.   It might be an interesting feature request to create
a "Keep trying" option but I can't imagine it being of much use, if
you have such a problem connecting you will probably have a hard time
maintaining a connection.

If the issue is that NM is just timing out before the connection is
made then we can help you increase that timeout in the source by
yourself.