Re: Connecton on APs with weak signal quality

Oooww

Anybody know answers to some of these questions ??? I use nm is these
conditions in most part of time...

Thanks again
Aloisio

On 11/1/06, Aloisio <aloisiojr gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've realized a big difference between nm and wpa_supplicant (command
line) behavior when I trying to connect on weak signal wireless
conections. Actually this environment has also hidden SSID and more
than one physical AP. I don't know yet where is (are) the problem(s).
What I know is that wpa_supplicant launched by command line can always
connect and using nm I need a lot of tries to get success. Sometimes I
give up...

I know that wpa_supplicant tries "without stop" to associate to known
scanned SSID and to "scan_ssid=1" SSIDs and wpa_supplicant spend some
tries to get success. My questions are: how many times nm tries to
connect to one AP when I choose on item on a list or when a use "other
wireless connection" ? Can nm tries more times if needs (i.e. if
detect fail by timeout or if detect that signal quality is low)?

Thanks!
Aloisio