Re: Unsupported Authenication Modes

3. If so, is it possible to use NM in conjunction with an ifup/down script fired from a suitable applet?

What do you mean here? Same as in question 4?

4. Would it be a good idea/possible to have an option in NM to use a custom script for this type of situation?

You mean starting a script to use another wpa_supplicant with config
fired up from the ifup/ifdown scripts integrated in
NetworkManagerDispatcher?

I never tried this. Not sure what happen if two version of
wpa_supplicant are running. The one form nm and the one from your
custom script.

regards
Stefan Schmidt
Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

You have answered Question 3  to Question 4. Q4 was meant to be rather
like the post following mine from Zach Tibbitts  - i.e.
could we have a temporary workaround for this situation
a) to allow our users to use NM for all connections, and
b) so that you guys are not always having to play catch-up with what is
happening in wpa-supplicant?

Is it worth me saying to the user: when connecting to uni network (i.e.
one requiring unsupported modes), select "no Network" in NM and then run
this script? Or will that still start two wpa_supplicants?

Charles Whittington
//