Re: NetworkManager-vpn overwrites domain search list

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 08:17 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I have also been struggling with this using the openvpn plugin.  Open
> VPN does the right thing, but used with NetworkManager the search line
> gets removed.  Very frustrating.  I looked at the code a bit, but didn't
> find an obvious place to fix it.
>
> If anyone could fix this, I would be grateful!

NM doesn't support custom search domains in every distro backend yet.
Specific VPN plugins will return and append the search domain returned
by the VPN concentrator, but there aren't "global" search domains that
persist over all connections, both VPN and regular.  For example, the
SUSE backend will honor options from a resolv.conf template file, but
I've been too lazy to add that stuff to the Fedora backend.

Dan