Re: mailman list manager has a misconfiguration.

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
Then use a non-broken mailer.

Suggestions for a non-broken, modern, text-mode mail client welcome. Pine only offers reply-to-sender, reply-to-"reply-to", and reply-to-all. Apparently, mutt is the same. That pretty much takes care of the ones that jump to mind. mail, mailx, Mail don't count.

Thunderbird is in that category as well.

My definition of "broken mailer" is one that handles attachments incorrectly, lack of line wrapping, HTML bastardization, etc. Reply-to-list seems more of a feature than lack-of being breakage.

That said, I've never had any problems with Reply-All, but I have had problems with the Reply-To not working, especially if people are not on the list and do request a personal response. Then it's copy-paste time.

--Pat