How NM chooses between wired and wireless connections ?

Hi All,

I'm running, NM 0.6.2 on an FC5 laptop, with wireless (ipw2100) and wired
(b44) connections.

NM runs more or less perfectly fine, but I have noticed a few oddities.

1. Commonly I turn the machine on in an environment where I have both a
wireless and wired connection available. In this case, NM first connects to
the wireless connection, then 5-10 secs later seems to noticed there is a
wired connection, and switches over to that. Why does NM do this, and not (as
I would want) just used the wired connection from the start ?

2. I'm running the gnome applet in KDE. This works fine, but one thing I have
noticed is NM does not store WEP passwords in this case - I have to enter it
each time. I suspect it is because some gnome service is not starting, which
NM uses to store the passwords (??). Is there anything I can do to make this
work (conversely, is the KDE frontend likely to be available soon :) )

cheers Chris