Re: NetworkManager CVS detects bcm43xx as wired

Dan,

> Does 'lshal' show the device as having net.80211 capabilities?  If not,
> then it's a udev+hal+driver issue that needs to get fixed.  Sometimes
> the device name gets changed by udev, and hal doesn't quite know about
> it, so hal can't "connect the dots" in sysfs and figure out that the
> device is wireless.

I don't have that notebook with me at the moment so I can't run lshal
(I'll post it later), but I do know that NM 0.6.2 from fedora-devel
works OK.

James

--
James Ettle                                        jhe phys soton ac uk
Southampton High Energy Physics