Re: Network Monitor Capabilities in NM

> Therefore I would propose that just the icon of the nm-applet indicates
> the current network's activity by using four different icons:
>
> (1.) Inactive: Both monitors dark.
> (2.) Receiving: Upper right monitor lighten up.
> (3.) Sending: Lower left monitor lighten up.
> (4.) Sending & Receiving: Both monitor lighten up.

So you just want them to replace their icons with the ones from Net-applet?

I personally like the current Icon setup, but a way to do what you
want and still preserve the current look might be to add a small
"light" on each side of the network jack icon.  The left is transmit
and the right is receive.

I personally don't care about activity when I am on wired and only
want signal strength when I am on wireless but I guess I can see why
some might want to but it seems like too much information to me...