Re: 802.1x + WEP

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 15:37 +0100, Jan Mynarik wrote:

> I read the config once again later and said that to myself too :-) Our
> admins at work told me it's WEP/TLS. And n-m offers me only WEP when I
> connect to our wifi network. I need to use "Connect to other wireless
> network" to be able to set WPA.

It is WEP/TLS (or WEP/TTLS).  I think how it works is that you
authenticate using WPA TTLS and that gets you a key, which you then use
for WEP.  This provides some additional security without requiring
WPA-capable hardware.

But I still don't see what in this file says "do WEP".  We can almost
generate this exact configuration now...

	Robert Love